As part of "Helping Hands" group, the members of Vidya Varidhi have been actively engaged in motivational activities for children.
Some of our activities include:
- visits to Balanand Ashram (home for destitue children),,
- visits to CWC - Construction workers Children
- visits to Vivekanand Day Care Centre
- visits to Rochiram Thadani School for the Hearing and Speaking Impaired
- Story telling,
- also counselling and
- monetary help in special cases.
|Experimenting with Art:|
We are happy to announce that the Construction workers children are all attending school now. Specially Asif who is hearing impaired, and who had never been to a school in the nine years of his life is now attending school regularly. Recently the children of Balanand and Cwc were taken for a outing for a puppet. show/summer camp, which the children enjoyed.
Mr. Srinivasan and Mrs. Viji Srinivasan,have generously donated a large sum for a Balanand child who recently had a major kidney surgery done. The child has now recovered and is her happy normal self again, all thanks to the their efforts.
We hope to put in our best and do as much as it is possible to reach out to people and specially children in our own little way.